Welcome To The ICT SMME Chamber
The ICT SMME Chamber is an astute NGO that plays a critical role in engaging with government and other ICT stakeholders, and in lobbying government on behalf of the ICT small businessman and woman on all matters of ICT SMME development and ICT sector transformation. The ICT SMME Chamber is committed to supporting the aims of the BBB-EE ICT Sector Council and its associated ICT Charter
The Operations of The ICT SMME Chamber
"The Chamber subscribes to the principles and the dictates of the National ICT Council..."
For functional and organizational purposes, the ICT Chamber subscribes to the principles and the dictates of the National ICT Council. The Chamber is a registered not-for-profit organisation (NPO) and plans and executes its various work-plans through Working Groups.
The collective efforts of these work-plans must ultimately deliver the Mission of the Chamber which is to support SMMEs through better coordination of government efforts through its various agencies, development finance institutions, the public sector and private incubators. The ICT SMME Chamber subscribes to the B-BBEE ICT Sector and is a subset of the ICT BBB-EE Sector Council.
The ICT SMME Chamber (NPO) advocates for an open and inclusive ICT economy that welcomes small business entrepreneurs, solution innovators, sole practitioners and application developers as part of business community. The Chamber lobbies government, the public and private sector for the creation of space for small business. Business is duty-bound to creating profitable and sustainable partnerships with small business for the attainment of their own sustainability and profitability. The Chamber drives various programs throughout the year that collectively deliver these relationships of collaborative coexistence for all the stakeholders in the ICTs between and among government, public sector, private sector and the ICT SMMEs themselves.
The Objectives of The ICT SMME Chamber
- Ensure adequate protection of the interests of small business in the ICT sector.
- Influence policies by presenting the viewpoint of small business on issues that affect them.
- Constructively engage peers, big business, government and other stakeholders.
- Help SMMEs not to adapt to big business tempo.
- Assist ICT SMME formations in helping their members to grow and sustain their businesses.
- Promote opportunities and market access with greater opportunities.
- Be the voice of small business in the ICT space.
- Influence policy and monitor implementation thereof
- Come up with various programmes and projects to advance economic inclusivity
- Lobby government, the public and private sectors for the growth and economic benefit for small business